New year, new race schedule, right? El husbando was kind enough to include a running category in our budget and I’m certainly grateful and taking full advantage.
After looking at race reviews and asking my runner friends for recommendations, here’s what I’m currently considering for my race calendar:
- April: Gazelle Girl half in Grand Rapids. Already signed up, as I hear it fills up quickly. Looking forward to getting my charm instead of a medal.
- June: Two Hearted trail run half in Paradise (Michigan’s Upper Peninsula). This would be my first trail race and perfect practice for my big audacious goal in October. Already booked our campsite, so hopeful this one actually pans out.
- June: Skirt Sports Thirteener, a virtual race. This year, registration includes a race shirt and medal.
- July: Considering the Grand Island Trail Run half in Munising if I can get the time off from work. If it doesn’t work out, I’m putting it on my schedule for next year.
- September: Capital City River Run full marathon in Lansing. Did my first half and first full at this race, so it holds a special spot in my heart.
- October: Bad Apple Ultra in Greenville. Running this one with a group of friends, most of whom have reluctantly agreed to make this our first ultra. Eek.
- November: Turkey Trot 5K in Lansing, a race I’ve been running with my favorite 16-year-old for the past three years.
Let’s see if all of this planning yields rewards.
What’s on your race schedule? How many races do you typically run in a year?