We were supposed to be camping this weekend, but el husbando is sick. Again. (Related: Teachers deserve combat pay.)
Instead, I took my favorite 16- and 9-year-olds to see Jungle Book last night (loved it) and to the John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids this morning. It is the first genuinely nice weekend this spring, so the zoo was beyond packed. We had a great time, then swung by a Dairy Queen for ice cream and stopped at packet pick up for tomorrow’s Gazelle Girl Half Marathon.
Because I am so committed to that race, I made sure to properly fuel at dinner tonight.
While I’m not sure I’ll be up to grocery shopping tomorrow and am too “fueled” to go tonight, I did make my week’s meal plan so you don’t have to. And here’s how I make my meal plan in the first place.
- Pulled-pork Sandwiches, potato salad, fruit.
- Italian Macaroni and Cheese, green salad, rolls
- Chicken quesadillas, lettuce, tomato, guacamole
- Pineapple chicken over rice (crockpot recipe)
- Crockpot shredded beef tacos, corn tortillas, salsa, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce and tomatoes
Now I’m going to go pull my race-day kit together to make sure I don’t forget anything important, like my bib. Or fuel.
What’s your favorite pre-race meal? What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?