It was a gorgeous sunny, blue-sky morning perfect for a three-mile walk with one of my favorite people who lives close by. My good friend Karen and I got to catch up and try to solve all of the world’s problems.
The afternoon brought another kind of sunshine with a Black Girls RUN! gear swap at casa de Gendreaus that saw two brand-new runners taking home a few items to get them motivated. The rest of us did pretty well ourselves. If you’ve not done or attended a swap, the premise is that everyone brings their gently worn running gear and participants take turns picking out something to take home. Here’s how to host one, if you’re interested.
Despite my lack of running, I’m beat but already planning what I hope is tomorrow’s run. Most of my running friends have other plans, work or are injured (sorry Mira!), so it’ll probably be me running around my neighborhood with my boys Pitbull, Daddy Yankee and Juan Luis Guerra.
My kids’ abuela made an appearance at the gear swap and talk eventually turned to her lasagna, which prompted me to add it to this week’s meal plan. We don’t have a recipe, but you can search for one on allrecipes.com or even buy a frozen one. Hope you have a great rest of your week!
- Lasagna, green salad, garlic bread
- Sloppy Joes, baked fries, corn
- Frozen meatballs (we like Target’s) with sauce (we like Aldi’s), spaghetti, rolls, green salad
- Breakfast-for-dinner. In this case, it’s homemade waffles with cherry-pie filling topping, bacon and fruit
- Cilantro-lime grilled chicken, white rice, green beans
What are your meal plans for the week? Have you tried any new recipes lately?