Running’s supposed to be an easy and inexpensive sport, but some of us (OK, me) may take every opportunity to buy and test new running gear. How can you tell if you, like me, may have just a little too much running equipment around?
- Do you still trip on running gear when you’re getting dressed for your morning run even though you have
one, two,three spots in your home assigned for running equipment?
- Do you not only have the Runner’s World Ask the Gear Guy column link saved on your “favorites” but you still turn to that page first when the magazine arrives in the mail?
- Does your family budget have a running gear/race line?
- Is three-quarters of your closet made out of tech fabric?
- Does your Amazon one-click option get a bigger workout than the TV remote control?
If you answered yes to at least three of those questions, you may just be a gear hoarder. And if you haven’t, what are you waiting for? There are new shoes, tech shirts, shorts/skirts, socks, watches, hydration systems and a plethora of other gear to try.
How about you, are you a gear hoarder or minimalist? What are other signs that you may just have too much gear? Is there such a thing as too much? If you’ve written on the topic, feel free to share your blog post below.